Stats time

Today, I receive a really generous donation from mister C. (he will recognized himself, thanks again) and I thought it was time to see some facts and numbers about my “work” for the CRM community.

Tools

As you might know, my contributions to the CRM community is mainly made of tools. So here is the download statistics from CodePlex (numbers since February 20th 2011, I don’t have statistics for my CRM 4.0 tools).

Tool Download count

SiteMap Editor

17452

Ribbon Editor

9006

CrmDiagTool 2011

8065

View Layout Replicator

4745

JavaScript WebResource Manager

4705

Metadata Document Generator

4620

Ribbon Browser

2249

Attribute Bulk Updater

2027

Role Updater

1714

WebResource Manager

1245

Connection Controls

1120

Solution Import

997

Iconator

703

XrmToolBox

562

TOTAL

58648

Numbers of downloads will obviously decrease since I have one tool instead of many. But I’m not participating to a competition and the ToolBox is so much better than having multiple applications.

Awards

I also received awards for my “work” for the community:

  • Microsoft MVP since 3 years
  • Microsoft Community Contributor (MCC) since 3 months (I’m almost the only one to answer to questions on the French technet forum dedicated to Microsoft Dynamics CRM, that helps)

What I win?

Being an MVP does not give you money but many advantages:

  • MSDN/Technet subscription
  • Invitation to MVP Summit each year (sadly, I will miss this year summit)
  • Some software companies offer NFR (not for resale) licenses of their products: that is really cool
  • Participating on the great community (and family) of CRM MVP’s

Being a MCC just gives a virtual badge and recognition

The only “real” money I receive, for this community “work”,  is from donation made from this blog or my tools. In the last two years and half, I received 8 donations (I thank again people for their generosity), that didn't allow me yet to buy a Microsoft Surface so other peoples who are using my tools know have to do now Sourire

PS: I quoted the word “work” in this article but it is not really a work, I really enjoy to develop tools and  help people on Microsoft Dynamics CRM topics

Comments

Hi Tanguy,

We areindeed very grateful for the excellent tools you developed for MS CRM developers.If we are not capable to donate for your 'Work'.We must say thank you instead.

Regards,

yusuf
Tanguy said…
And that's kind of you!

Popular posts from this blog

Use feature flags in your plugins

New XrmToolBox plugin : Import/Export NN relationships

Searchable Propery Attribute Updater